Thursday, April 23, 2015

Rebuilding the Sea Port display


I've posted a lot of photos of the Sea Port Model Works trade show display. I built it in 2008 and it's time to incorporate several changes. Like everything else it's become "familiar" and needs a facelift.

I'd like all the structures on the display to be scratchbuilt and reflect my early years working on the waterfront north of Boston. I had a lobster business and because of it I got to visit some of the most iconic waterfront settings imaginable. As a kid I kept a sketchbook of some of these settings and was able to refer to my images for many years of model building. The sketchbook is long gone but the sketches remain locked into the right side of my brain. As I rebuild this display I'll post photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment