Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Extra Narrow Gauge Junction


Benchmark Publishing (SL&NG Gazette) has a new book titled EXTRA NARROW GAUGE JUNCTION by Dick Andrews. It's a collection of 60 columns that Dick wrote for the Gazette over a 20 year period.

I read every one of Dick's early column's in RMC and later in the Gazette. I looked forward to them every month. They had the information I needed. At the time Bob Hayden and I were modeling the Maine two-foot railroads in HOn30 and Dick was writing about his experiences with the prototype. 

For me, rereading Dick's articles is a joy. I'd forgotten just how interesting they were, and how lucky I was to be able to learn firsthand from Dick about the two-footers. He's a good story teller who had firsthand experience - he was there! 

If you like the two-footers, you'll love this book. Hardcover, 8-1/2" x 11", 232 pages, color covers. Price: $59.95 - S&H:  U.S. $8.00, Canada & Mexico $37.00, Overseas $51.00. Available from Bob Hayden Consulting.

The official description by Bob Brown, editor of the Gazette: "Charming stories about narrow gauge, with an emphasis on Maine 2-foot railroads by a writer who actually rode on some of them. The book is a great tribute to Dick Andrews and to the inspiration and counsel that he provided to us younger guys for close to 50 years -- and a great read."



No comments:

Post a Comment