Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Parker Grain module



Sometimes I regret selling everything I build. This HOn30 module is a good example. I loved building it but a guy at the Springfield model railroad show waved a lot of cash money in my face and the display was his. 

The part I miss most is having the scratch model of Parker Grain Company shown here. I had drawn a scale plan from measurements of the actual building, taken a lot of photos, and scratchbuilt three of these HO structures just to get it right. The first using Strathmore paper, the second wood, and this model from styrene.

Alas, it's gone and I cannot use it for reference. I gave the plan and photos to Hal Reynolds at Atlantic Scale Models. He's interested in making a kit of the building. I'd have liked to given him the structure also. Oh well.

The caboose was a Poly Scale kit from back in the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment