Thursday, September 17, 2009



Wow! It's been way too many weeks since I added anything new to this blog. I took a summer hiatus and now with fall rapidly approaching it's time to get back work.

The Narrow Gauge Convention is going strong in Colorado Springs and this year I decided to stay home. I did get a chance to participate in a small way by building a display for Jimmy Deignan to show off his new line of laser cut kits - www.craftsmankits.com

Jimmy gave me all these built-up kits on small diorama bases. I removed the bases and saved all the little details. The buildings were arranged on a 30" by 32" sheet of reinforced foam core board (the dimensions were determined by the size of the available floor space in Jimmy's van.) I mounted the structures on 1" pink Styrofoam and scenicked around them. It's kind of crowded but I got everything to fit in a small space.

No comments:

Post a Comment